Thursday, March 26, 2009

Swing and a miss.

So my court date to get divorced and all the stuff that goes with it was scheduled for today 3/26/09. I show up at the court around eight or so this morning and find my name is not on the docket so I go and find out why. I am told that my court date was yesterday 3/25/09. This confuses me so I ask to see the paperwork in my file and I see that where the 26 was originally written it has been whited out and a 25 is now in its place. Somehow my ex found this out and decided not to tell me. I'm not that mad at her about it because it really isn't her responsibility to let me know but because I "failed to appear" the case was dropped and I have to wait another month for a new court date. I have records proving the original date was the 26th so I will be able to show the Judge those papers and hopefully he won't hold my "FTA" against me in any judgments.

This pisses me off for so many reasons I can't even begin to list them all. I have had nothing but trouble with the people I keep having to file shit with. I haven't figured out if its laziness or just plain incompetence but it needs to stop.

1 comment:

Ryalin said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of divorce court! Sorry bro, it'll get better.

PS, our base theater is doing a sneak peek of Observe and Report on April 4th at 9pm. I'm so excited. Rick and I are going and when I see you, I will stand up and scream right there in the theater!!!!!