Saturday, September 15, 2007

Taking the time

I just got done reading Travels by Michael Crichton. It was a very interesting book and I learned a lot. Of the many things that stuck with me, he wrote about making sure he took at least one interesting picture a day. After looking at my sisters blog and seeing all the photos she has I felt a little guilty of not taking enough of my own. I love photography and have been taking pictures since I was a child. I have a Sony Cybershot and I also have a Sony Handycam for videos (I'm a Sony whore) which I carry with me at all times, but for some reason hardly ever use. Now, I live my life between two worlds, that of the high desert and that of the sequoias. Between my travels home and to work are; rivers, a lake, Joshua trees, waterfalls, and cliffs, among many other things. All of which would make wonderful pictures. I think I stopped taking pictures because I'm always on the run and hate being late, or maybe it is because my camera is becoming outdated, OK is outdated. Either way I am going to start taking the time to take a picture every day and start thinking about which new Sony camera I want to start saving up for.

2 comments:

Raesha D said...

I would love to see pictures of all those things!! Once you start, you'll find that you see so many opportunities for things that you want to take pictures of.

Unknown said...

You must definitely take more pictures. Of you, your kids, the desert, anything. My photography advice is pretty much the same as my writing advice - just keep doing it more and more and more and you'll keep getting better and better and better.