Friday, May 22, 2009

"Sad news"

"Sad news" Thats what the email was titled. Titles like that always make me nervious, with good cause. I found out last night that an old friend had passed away a few days ago, Caleb Bezanson. I say "old friend" not as in a friend who is old but a friend that I have known for many years. As with the many losses I have faced, I find myself asking the same questions "How?" "Why?" to which I know the answers will bring no better comfort, no real answers. It befuddles me, the strength of human spirit but the fragility of human life.

I have not seen Caleb in quite sometime. Still the news comes as a shock and disapointment. I will have many fond memorys to hold on to while remembering him and his family. The good times, the bad times and the "what were we thinking?" times (of which we had many). It's an interesting thing, the tides of life. How they bring us together and without even noticing, drift us apart.

Hug your kids a little harder, tell the people you love that you do and try to leave this world a little better than you found it. To Pam, Sally, Rich and the multitude whom are to many to list, My thoughts are with you.

No comments: