Saturday, May 16, 2009

Todayish.

OK, so we had our Theatre Arts Club banquet tonight. We have one every year but because we were so awesome this year, we actually had it catered. I was originally on the planning committee but backed out because, as the V.P., I have done so much with the club already I wanted to kinda sit back and enjoy it. Yea, didn't happen. I have helped almost every step of the way. Its all good though. I'm not saying I did everything, I'm just saying I didn't actually get away from the planning committee. hahaha. As crazy as it was behind the scenes, I think we pulled off a great dinner and show and if you don't agree with me then, then...then whatever. Yea, I went there.As with every year, we held our votes for best actor, best techie, all that stuff. I won for both categories for male acting. That's great and all for me, but I was really hoping a guy named Calvin would have gotten the Comedic one at least. I like being recognized for what I do but then I feel like an asshole or something. There is a fine line between graciousness and arrogance, that's all I'm saying.

I also got a plaque saying I was Vice President of the Theatre Arts Club. Every officer gets one every year but I feel like the officers this year earned it. We have done a lot of work this year and I for one can look at this plaque in the future, remember 2008-2009 and feel good about what I did.

In other news, the final paperwork for divorce is almost done. I now know how much I have to pay for child support (for some reason that word always sounds so negative) The ex-is still difficult as all hell but I guess that's the usual with exes. I'm sure someday in the future once we all get used to our routine it might level out :l here's to hoping.Reading over this it kinda sounds like I'm bitching, I'm not. In any way. I have been enjoying life and being busy, its overwhelming sometimes but rewarding. I have also been cigarette free for about a month now and feel like I'm done for good. No huge cravings, just small ones that I quickly get over.

No comments: