Saturday, August 8, 2009

Holy crap I've been busy.

So I got back from Vegas and just kinda hung around the house with the kids playing video games. I talked to the kids about Christian and I and after a look that could only mean "Dad, you're a dumbass." I talked a little more specifically about our differences and how she wanted Children in the future and I didn't. Audrey asked me "Why?" and with a little confusion I said "Well, I have you guys. I don't want to share my love with anybody else." With out a drop of a hat Jeremiah said "Well, I wouldn't mind." to which Audrey replied "Yea! I want a little Sister...Or a nice Brother." Andrew didn't seem interested all that much and was just playing video games. Teenagers, what can you do huh? So now I have no idea where I'm at. My decision of no children was mainly based on the children I have now, but they may have a point. I love children and its not like Christian wanted kids tomorrow. So we will see what the future holds.

The kids went back to their moms and I went off to Albuquerque to help move my brother and his family back there. It was a long drive because I followed his truck and going mostly 65 mph but on the plus side, I got 60+ mpg from Flagstaff to Albuquerque. We didn't do really anything while we were there, just unpacking and getting stuff together. We did go as a large group, my brother Shays family, my sister Raeshas family and I, to Turtle Mountain Brewery for a dinner. I had their signature Mac & Cheese, sooooo good and I got a growler of T.M.B.C. I.P.A. (that's Turtle Mountain Brewing Company's India Pale Ale) The day before I had taken a break to go see my Brother In Law play hockey on the Ice Skating Rink I spent many hours on as a child. It was a lot of fun but I had to leave early to meet with a guy for a possible movie role. I met this guy at a Denny's, he seems passionate about films but I'm not quite sure I'm gonna go for it or not. Something just feels off about it, nothing major, just not sure I'm the guy for this project.

I left Albuquerque and stopped in Flagstaff to spend the night with a friend of mine. I got into town and we went to Beaver Street Brewery for lunch. I had a Meatloaf Sandwich that was amazing and I got a growler of their Nut Brown Ale which made the trip back to RC with me and is chilling in the fridge. After lunch we went back to the house to wait for her boyfriend to get off work and when he did he had to help a friend of theirs install some plumbing so we just kinda hung out and watched him work.

The next morning I headed off to Jerome, AZ. A four hour side trek, two hours there and two hours back to where I needed to be. The drive was incredibly breathtaking. When I got to Jerome I immediately had a feeling of deja vu. The town is literally on the side of a mountain and driving on its streets is a dizzying experience due to its switchbacks and hair pin turns. The longer I spent there the more I realized I had been there before, maybe twenty years ago or so. The feeling of meeting back with myself is a strange yet calming, satisfying experience. I went to Jerome for two reasons, the Puscifer store and Caduceus Cellars. I got myself a Puscifer belt buckle and some wine and wine paraphernalia. The stores, the town and the 30 or so minutes I spent in them, were very much worth my four hour add on.

1 comment:

Megan "Meg" Palmer said...

wow! i kniow want to go on your four hour side trip!!! i am going to have to see this belt buckle however! :0)