Monday, November 17, 2008

I wept like a child.

Yesterday I took a trip with my Theatre Arts Club to see a production of The Laramie Project in Bakersfield. I have been in this play here in Ridgecrest but being in a play and seeing it are two different things. Some things I saw I thought they did better and some things I thought we did better. Either way, I cried like a child who just dropped their ice cream cone in the dirt. It still amazes me with what degree people hate. Hopefully the world changes soon. Speaking of change, the "Classic Movie Night" we did went off great! We had over thirty people attend and got tons of food for the Salvation Army. One person brought in 9 cans alone. It actually gave me hope that people really are good. We are planning another "Classic Movie Night" for the Christmas season so keep checking back for details.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Dude, I'm really happy to see you doing something that makes you happy. You seem to be really engaged in your theater group and that's awesome. Really glad you're diggin it!

Unknown said...

Dude, you can't mention Classic Movie Night, then not mention which movie you watched!

Chad said...

@Ian: good point. We showed "It's A wonderful life."