Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Part 1

So far the Thanksgiving weekend is going great, with only one minor hicup. My ex has let me have the kids for Thanksgiving which was awsome. The hicup is the time that was determined. Rather than being clear and definate, I was a little vauge with when they would be returning. Not on purpose, just because I didn't know exactily what we were doing or how long we would be. We all went out of town to my sisters house for Thanksgiving dinner and after that we went down to the San Deigo area with my brother and his family. We are taking all our kids to see a stage show and to Sea World and wont be back in R/C until Sunday. Part of the problem is that (I think) she hates my guts so if anything dosen't go her way, I'm doing it to be an asshole. Anyway, so the kids and I left Thursday morning to go to my sisters. My boys rode with my mom and my one of my nephews and I took my daughter and another nephew. The trip to my sisters is a long one, it took us about four hours. Before we left I filled my 52oz football cup with Mountain Dew so we needed a bathroom break which we took somewhere in Bear Valley. We stopped a second time just before going on base to put a person in my car that had a badge to get on base. As we were stopped in fornt of a BK my oldest son begain to spew red vomit like he was posessed. I found out he had been chowing down on some licorice. drinking soda, and rocking back and forth in the back seat of the car. Ahhhh, the best part of road trips, the person who gets car sick. I didn't expect it from him, usually its my middle child that gets sick but hey, what good are kids if they don't keep you on your toes. He finishes up and were back on the road for the last mile or so. We arrived at my sisters at about 12:30 and the feast was ready maybe 30 minutes later, which was good because by that time all the 52oz of Mountain Dew had givin me the shakes. We sat down and had a Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat and watch some football. After the Seahawks royal beating we took some family pictures, visited and all that then headed on down to my brothers house. I followed my brother and he took a wrong turn somewhere and got us a few miles off course, but he pulled over and we put it in Rollie's nav computer and off we went, only about 15 miles out of the way. It was actually a very nice drive, I don't mind being lost, you see things you otherwise would never see. So here we are in Temecula, today; Old Towne and the Christmas show at the Welk. Tommorrow; Sea World and the happiest kids on earth.

No comments: