Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Camping trip.

The camping trip was great! We got up to Fairview campground on the Kern river and unloaded all our gear. The first thing the kids wanted to do was fish...and fish we did. We fished right there at our campsite the first day and fished up and down the river the next day. We even fished at a private little lake where I used to work. All that fishing and we caught nothing but we had fun just fishing and playing in the river. My brother cooked pretty much all the meals which was cool.

I kept telling the kids to keep their shoes on while fishing which didn't really work out. I was afraid they might catch a hook in their foot but they couldn't wear their shoes in the water so it was kinda a catch 22. It all worked out OK until we were fishing under a bridge. Jeremiah caught a hook in the foot, that poor kid and Sharp objects with his feet. Good news was, he had his shoes on like I had asked. So as I was pulling out the hook, and unraveling the fishing line from his leg, I got the hook stuck in my finger. Luckily it didn't go in too deep and my brother was there to pull it out for me. All in all, we had a great time.

No comments: