Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The rise and fall of video games.

I enjoy video games as much as the next guy but some days, I've had too much. I play games to relax and I use it as an outlet but I do not let them take over my life. Mostly, I play Call of Duty Modern Warfare for the time being. Adding the ability to play live with other human beings is in itself nothing short of amazing but the fact that people take this shit so seriously is beyond belief. I can take criticism, in fact I will be the first to point out I'm not a "great" player, after all I'm just there to have fun. So when you start coming at me talking about how "stupid" I am for not shooting someone who is right in front of me, causing you to get shot, you can go fuck yourself.

First off the ability to use hand eye coordination has little to do with intelligence, its a motor skill we all develop and it gradually gets better as it is applied. Second, How can someone else be stupid, or responsible, for your dumbass getting shot? Pay attention dip shit. And lastly, A game such as Call of Duty is a team game. If all you do is bitch and moan about how other people have failed you, there is nothing anyone can do about it. Maybe you should figure out it is you who sucks at the game and try talking and listening to your team members.

I am a Child of the NES era and I believe to this day it is, and always will be, the best game console out there. I spent much of my youth playing many games on that system. Most hours spent playing the best game of all time, The Legend of Zelda. One player, two button choices and no Internet or headset required. So raise a glass to Zelda for me and if you wanna call me an idiot, stupid or a dumbass do it because I use spell check for the simplest of words and not because you have no idea how to relax and play a video game.

2 comments:

~Chay~ said...

I hear ya.

Raesha D said...

Well said (coming from your sister a/k/a a World of Warcraft widow:))