Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another fun day.

Today was another early day. I got pretty good sleep but woke up a few times due to the extreme heat of having another body under the sheets next to me. Christian and I woke up, took our showers, got ready and headed out by 9. The first stop we made was to the train station to refund her ticket, I figured if I'm leaving the same day why not just have her ride with me. After that we went down the street to the Natural History Museum. We got tickets to see the Planetarium show as well. The museum is so interesting, the first thing you see as you enter is a huge Tyranosauras Rex "roaring" straight at you. Although natural history includes things like minerals and land movment my favorites have always been the Dinosaurs, and apperantly still are. I took a lot of pictures of these ancient dead beings trying to imagine what it would have been like had they not become ex-beings. How would have humanity gotten along with these preditors around? Would technology have developed the same way? Or would they still be exctinct because of our actions? At any rate its an amazing museum with so many things to do and see, there is even a valcano that you walk through with hot liquid magma running right under your feet! I remember vividly as a child nerviously walking only on the parts with no lava. I wasen't stupid, that glass could break if I steped on it, then where would I be? On fire in a volcano thats where. The show at the plaentarium was amazing. The universe is so unimaginably large, complex, violent and beautiful. I can not wait for the day we travel to the far reaches of it and unlock the secrets she has in store for us. We rounded off the day with a short walk to Old Town for lunch at the Church st. Cafe (thanks celia) The food was great, I had fajitas and Christian had a breakfast meal, I'm still trying to get her to try the native cusine. I have gotten her to try green chili twice, once at the zoo which she didn't like and at the cafe which she did like. After lunch we walked around Old Town for awhile but decided to leave because we were both very tired and need a poop break. We got home at 4:30 and laid down for an hour nap. When we woke up at 6:30 (yea, thats a long hour) we came down and hung out with Karissa and the kids waiting for Gillian, her kids, my sister Reash, her husband Mike and there little girl. They all came over, we talked, had coffee and just hung out enjoying eachothers company. It was another great day and I am pleased I can share it whith Christian. And how are we planning on ending this great day you ask. Yes, another round of Thundercats :)

No comments: