Monday, August 11, 2008

Fun in the sun.

Christian got in Yesterday around noon and I picked her up at the train station. I showed up early as I always do and noticed a movie set base camp just across the street, there are so many things going on here I am sad to leave. Anyway, after picking her up we went down to Socorro to stay with a friend f mine for the night before taking him to the airport in the morning. We went to sleep pretty early because we had to leave by six in the morning. So we woke up nice and early and came back to Albuquerque this morning with a quick stop at the airport to drop off the friend we had been visiting the night before. We got to my brothers house, took our showers and ate some breakfast. Then we headded off to the zoo. We got there around ten this morning and met up with a friend of Karissas. We had a good time looking at all the animals and playing around with the kids, unfortunatly a couple of them took some tumbles. We ate lunch in the grassy field by a small pond with a swan and sme ducks which was lovely. After lunch we went to the jungle gym so the kids could play in the water and swing around like monkeys. My brother had to work so he and his family said there good byes as did Karissas friend. So me and Christian were finally alone for the first time :) We hung out at the zoo a little while longer and saw every single exibit that was open. We even saw the 250 pound tortise walk! We had walked all day long and on our way out I bought three monkey head lunch boxes for my children, they should get a kick out of that. We stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home to get a new frisbee (I'm addicted now) and found a $.75 one that will never be able to cut me due to its flexable nature. We played around with that for about an hour and then had some dinner. And after dinner? Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thunder Cats Hoooooooo! I finally got to watch some good old cartoons I have been waiting forever to see. We had a wonderful day together and are waking up early again tomorrow and going to the Natural History Museum. I can't wait!

No comments: