Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Long day.

Holly crap did we do a lot today. We started the day off by saying good bye to Karissa and the kids. I then started up the internet and let Christian sleep in for a while. I got some emailing done I need to do and also messed around with my myspace apps, damn I am suck. When Christian finally woke up we watched an episode of Thundercats and had some breakfast, waffles for Christian, cold fajitas for me. By this time my brother had gone to work and Christian and I were alone, spareing you all the details, we decided to get ready for the day and took a shower. Lunch time was rolling around so we decided to go to Red Lobster for lunch. It was great food and we enjoyed a nice meal alone. After lunch we took a short drive around my old neighberhood and then up to the tram. The Albuquerque tram is the longest in the world and takes you to the top of the Sandia Mountain. The ride to the top cost $17.50 for me and $15.00 for Christian because they consider 20 as teenage. On the ride up some people started talking to Christian (I was off in my own little picture taking world) and asked where she was from. When she said Ridgecrest these people actually knew where she was talking about. They didn't have anything bad to say about the place but did mention a creepy little town outside of Ridgecrest but couldn't remember the name but it came back to them when I said "Trona?" Aperantly they were on travel to Death Valley and were very scared as they drove through it. Once at the top we said goodbye to the strangers, took pictures and went on a short walk but turned around to grab a quick drink at the resturant there at the top. Christian had her usual Hot Chocolate and I had an Irish Coffee and Green Chili Stew. It was all very nice and warming, the weather at the top of the mountain was slightly windy, a little rain and 65 degrees. After warming ourselves up in the resturant we went back out on the trails and walked one and a half miles to an old outpost that was some sort of shelter for rescue teams searching for lost hikers and skiers. The hike was beautiful and many of the rocks had fossil's of sea life from eons ago when most of what is now New Mexico, was under water. We hiked another mile and a half back to the tram for our ride back down. Once at the bottom we jumped a few streets over to an Ice Skating Rink that I had spent many of my childhood days in. Christian was about as excited as a fat kid eating a cupcake. It was great to see the smile on her face as she clumisly tried to skate on the slick ice. She got the hang of it pretty quick and was skating in circles and even on one foot. Our feet were hurting pretty bad as we had been hiking a few moments earlier and ice skates were new to us. We had enough of the pain about two hours into it and decided, hesitently, to call it a night. We turned in our skates and watched a little bit of the hockey game going on in the rink on the other side of the building. We finnaly decided it was bed time for the both of us. It was another amazing day with my amazing girl in an amazing city. Tomorrow is lounge day.

No comments: